Thursday, July 31, 2014

green


I used to think I wanted a house full of light. Clean, white and light. But after seeing this London townhouse I think I've changed my mind. I want a house that's green - green outside and green inside - a rich, bottle green, a dark, sumptuous green, all the better for pairing wood and gold with. I want bookshelves and bookshelves, comfy chairs, low tables and even more books. Green for plants, for vegetables, for jade and formica, green for the covers of Penguin crime classics. Looks good, doesn't it?

X

2 comments:

Ally said...

I had the exact same reaction! I always thought when I finally owned my own place I would paint the walls all white but after seeing this it really changed things. I love plants and have so many in my flat already, but I had never considered how great they would look against green walls. It reminds me of cosy homes in Glasgow where the walls are always painted bold colours and rooms decorated with so many plants to counteract the grey outside. This makes me want to curl up with a good book and a big pot of tea on a rainy day.

Also, speaking of green walls, I went to the Mid Century Modern exhibition at NGV Melbourne yesterday and they had some great home displays with lush, rich colours for the walls. It feels so fresh, and is a nice change from seeing lots of interiors across the internet that are all beautiful, but all a bit same-same.

petal and plume said...

green adds such a lushness and dimension. lovelove.
xx