Friday, August 1, 2014

saturdays



A lot has happened over the past few weeks. I forgot to update love love love, and that was part of it (I promise to do August soon!) The short, 25 words or less version, is that I got a job. A full time job. A really, really, really good one. The kind of full time job that could drag me away from my freelance world of sleeping and writing, writing and sleeping, breakfast at 1 pm, lazy lunches in cronulla with RKA. This job is so good that I've had to pinch myself a few times just to remind me that it's real. The downside is, there's a little less time to spend here. But I'm still around, just a little less frequent. I hope that's okay. The other downside is that I no longer have a freelancer's weekend. Now, I am genuinely waiting for saturday. It's the first time in my life that I've felt like this. It's a new feeling. A strange one. And exciting, too. Saturdays are for: hot coffee, cosy cardigans, birkenstocks, reading in bed, long breakfasts, waking up slow, jumpsuits and overalls, farmer's markets, midday movies, changing your clothes, buying flowers, whispering and then laughing, more coffee (maybe a chai), buying magazines, taking your shoes off, messy hair, no makeup, short journeys, afternoon tea, cake, trying on stuff, being indecisive, making last minute plans, having a really good time. I love my Saturdays now.

X

11 comments:

kh tsodol said...

Congratulations! It's kind of crazy how much more you appreciate your freetime (and weekends) once you start working a 9-5.

christina said...

Congrats on the job, Hannah! Whatever it is, I hope it involves writing :)

Lilly said...

Ah congratulations on the new Job :) very pleased for you! I have worked full time since finishing university over a year ago, and I know exactly what you mean! No feeling guilty when you're not working, but simply revelling in the joy that is the weekend :)
Lilly

Ammu said...

Congratulations! Fabulous news.

madhatter said...

Aww its such a pity that you will now have less time here because I love reading your blog :) if your new job involves some sort of writing will you publish it here as well?

petal and plume said...

big congratulations to you! i know that this new job is so deserved.
may every saturday be beauty full.
xx

Kali Walker said...

Congrats on the job! Been missing your posts but I'm sure it's well worth the absence!

Lara Tura said...

Congratulations! Great blog!
AHKA VINTAGE BLOG

AHKA VINTAGE SHOP
Sign up for special AHKA store priviledges

Angela said...

Congrats HRY xx

marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hannah-rose said...

Thank you!! It does involve writing, it makes me happy. Hopefully when I settle into a routine more I'll work out how to balance everything. xxx